Created in 1922, Shanghai University brings together 39,000 students including 1500 PhD students and a team of researchers and teachers of more than 2800 persons. Ranked among the first 20 universities in China and a member of the excellence governmental programme 211, its campus possesses a surface of 2 millions m2.
The 3 Technology Universities of Belfort-Montbéliard, Compiègne and Troyes work jointly as a network : their main mission is education, research and technology transfer. Under the leadership of the Higher Education and Research ministry, the Universities of Technology provide their students with State degrees. Both part of the grandes écoles and universities’ words, they place is unique within the French Higher Education system.
Universities of Technology characteristics:
- 3 Universities of Technology
- 20 engineering degrees
- more than 1200 engineers graduating per year
- a common academic identity
- a strong international cooperation network
- privileged relations with the corporate world
- Created in 1999, Belfort-Montbéliard University of Technology (UTBM) is a public higher education institution with both a scientific, cultural and professional characteristics (EPSCP). It is a result of the merging of two higher education institutions: the Ecole Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Belfort (1962) and the Institut Polytechnique de Sevenans (initially a campus of UTC in Sevenans in 1985).
-Created in 1972, Compiègne Technology University (UTC) gathers 4400 students. It possesses more than 21 000 alumni in more than 105 countries. The foreign student population represents 15% of the total cohort and UTC enjoys 150 international partnerships.
-Public higher education institution created in Troyes in 1994, Troyes Technology University (UTT) ranks today among the 10 most important engineering schools in France. It trains 2800 students each year, from undergraduate to post-doc level.